Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 7:12:56 AM EDT
I took SKS out the the range and fired off maybe 500 it might have got too hot and now is shooting up and to the left. I need to clean it but it seems that it overheated.

Please help

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
How quickly did you fire it? You MAY have overheated the barrel and burnt it out, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Make sure the flash suppresor (if there is one) does not have marks from the bullet scraping it. Give it a good cleaning, especially the barrel and try again. Could also have been your sights were knocked by something. Did you drop it? I wouldn't think the sights would be knocked out of place just from dropping, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Highly undoubtful that you burned the barrel out. My money is on it being overheated. Did you let it cool to "standing temperature" before you verified this drift distance?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How quickly did you fire it? You MAY have overheated the barrel and burnt it out, but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Make sure the flash suppresor (if there is one) does not have marks from the bullet scraping it. Give it a good cleaning, especially the barrel and try again. Could also have been your sights were knocked by something. Did you drop it? I wouldn't think the sights would be knocked out of place just from dropping, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I have a scope on as well Leapers that allows me to see both scope nad sights nad its shooting high and to the left.

I did not drop it,I firred about 500+ in about 2 hours
I have fired over 1000 rounds and  did nt clean it
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Highly undoubtful that you burned the barrel out. My money is on it being overheated. Did you let it cool to "standing temperature" before you verified this drift distance?

Yes I did I waited untill it was cool again and it whas firring high nad  to the left again
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:15:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it shooting high and left with both the scope and iron sights? If so, does it shoot to the same place with both sights?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it shooting high and left with both the scope and iron sights? If so, does it shoot to the same place with both sights?

yes it does
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Check the barrel with a good straight edge to see if it's bent. I would not have thought it was possible to overheat  a SKS to the point that the barrel bent but I have been known to be wrong before.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Use your other eye. You burned your shooting eye out.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Use your other eye. You burned your shooting eye out.

I know I raped this thing
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Your "majic bullet" killed it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Your "majic bullet" killed it.

I was just wondering if RBCD is any good I think I will stick to JHP
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I doubt you did any damage to the rifle,maybe just heated up/warped the wooden stock?I would go ahead and clean it really well,take the action out of the stock and see if the forearm warped and is contacting the bbl,or not contacting the bbl at the end.
Good luck
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I doubt you did any damage to the rifle,maybe just heated up/warped the wooden stock?I would go ahead and clean it really well,take the action out of the stock and see if the forearm warped and is contacting the bbl,or not contacting the bbl at the end.
Good luck

I have fired over 1000 rounds and have not cleaned it
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck

I have fired over 1000 rounds and have not cleaned it

Ok,if I had a firearm that degraded in accuracy/POI changed,that would be where I start
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#15]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Stop feeding this ,
+1 for him being banned.
Very strange this lad is, his info seeking I find very strangely odd, Almost scary.
Wrong info in wrong hands spells disaster

She is my x girlfiend she hates me
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#17]
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
wonder why he has not been banned yet.  

Keltech do you know this guy
I teach brasilian jiujitsu and kickboxing love hip hop and rock love going out to clubs Vegas Hollywood. I love chilling with good friend and just having fun.
Male
29 years old
Bellflower, CALIFORNIA
United States
img208.imageshack.us/img208/6279/354946138l6ew.jpg

img464.imageshack.us/img464/4527/484142635l8xv.jpg

Apparently you have found my account and now your lust for me runs wild, you appear more frivolous then first thought. Your stalker like behavior is inexplicably out of control. I am not sure how to relay this to you, but I am unequivocally unattracted to you
Please stop proclaiming your love for me. I don’t intent on ever dating you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#19]
There seriously needs to be a troll crackdown on this site.  WAY too many children here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont know that this dude is trolling or anything,but anyone with a myspace acount should be put in a fucking cage down in gitmo AFAIAK
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Keltech
Appoligy accepted
I removed my posts about you
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top