Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:41:40 PM EDT
Stupid question from a newbie but can a sks that has an integral magazine be easily modified to accept other sks mags.  if anyone knows of a good thread or sight that can explain all of this to me please post it so you dont have to waste your time answering this
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean detachable mags?

The Internal mag on an SKS can be changed out. Some may need minor modification. but for the most part, all internal SKS mags can be interchanged. As for the "duckbill" removable mags, they are junk. If you want removable mags, get an AK.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You mean detachable mags?

The Internal mag on an SKS can be changed out. Some may need minor modification. but for the most part, all internal SKS mags can be interchanged. As for the "duckbill" removable mags, they are junk. If you want removable mags, get an AK.

+1

Stick to your stock SKS magazine. Don't mess with those aftermarket magazines for two reasons:

1) They often have reliability problems
2) They can get you into legal trouble by voiding C&R status
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
DO THEY MAKE A 20 ROUND INTERNAL MAG?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Turn off the caps.  No need to yell. (or do it twice)

And yes there are 20 round mags.  From what I understand, the Chinese are the best.

ETA: and since you are from CA, don't think about taking one into the state if you do get one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of the Chinese 20 shot magazines. Or should I say 18 or 19 shot magazine, since it always caused a hard to clear jam on the 18th or 19th shot. I'm going to give it to someone on a gun board someday - someone I don't like.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#7]

I have one of the Chinese 20 shot magazines. Or should I say 18 or 19 shot magazine, since it always caused a hard to clear jam on the 18th or 19th shot. I'm going to give it to someone on a gun board someday - someone I don't like.

I've been looking for one of those to play around with. What should I say to piss you off so that you wont like me?
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top