Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:58:23 PM EDT
well why do they? i know they are crazy out of touch left wing democratic communists but still, i want more of a reason. they want to and seek to legislate orders and laws that PROHIBIT law abiding citizens from owning guns, when they and we all know that the criminals and NON LAW ABIDING thugs have them... this is madness and must be stopped... i will never give up my firearms that i own legally and obtain legally and that ARE LEGAL for me to own because of my 2nd amendment right!!!! how dare these liberals step on us law abiding men and women!!!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pissed off when the leftists (Democrats) do it, but even more pissed off when Republicans like Bush senior did it. The Clinton ban is gone, but the ban Bush put into effect is still with us and will likely NEVER be retired.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They hate the SkS because they are effective and INEXPENSIVE.  The last word is what they hate.  Pretty much anyone can afford one.  They function under the belief that not just ANYONE should be able to have access to weapons.  Thus they hate the SKS.  Not every dirtbag on the block can afford an AR but they can surely scrape together the $130 for an SKS.

In a SHTF situation, the average guy in the USA will have a very simple gun. Maybe a bolt-action hunting rifle, a 6-shot revolver, or if they are lucky, a 12 gauge shotgun. A SKS will be at the top of its class alongside a 12 gauge shotgun.

Some people will have AR15's and AK-47's but those with an SKS or 12 gauge shotgun won't feel outgunned if they know how to shoot and maximize their gun's advantages.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
and the guy with the sks will not have to worry about it jamming when a spec of dirt falls in the barrel
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#5]
YEA!!!

Us dirt bags like the SKS...

Kidding aside, I have no idea why they hate the SKS and it is probably the cheap factor. It may be cheap on price but it is definitely NOT cheap on working properly and taking care of business.
All their liberal hate does is make me buy another one.

I'm up to 4 of them now and since you posted this I need to buy another one.

RW3
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I suspect it is because the name is easy to remember.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#7]
+1 on what shotar said.
Now matter what BS liberals spew about being for the "little guy" working class they don't like the idea of the unwashed serfs being able to afford effective arms.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
well why do they? i know they are crazy out of touch left wing democratic communists but still, i want more of a reason. they want to and seek to legislate orders and laws that PROHIBIT law abiding citizens from owning guns, when they and we all know that the criminals and NON LAW ABIDING thugs have them... this is madness and must be stopped... i will never give up my firearms that i own legally and obtain legally and that ARE LEGAL for me to own because of my 2nd amendment right!!!! how dare these liberals step on us law abiding men and women!!!

well this is one "out of touch left wing democratic communist" that loves the SKS. BECAUSE its cheap, reliable and easy to get.

oh and this "out of touch left wing democratic communist" is also a card carrying member of the NRA, member #145447734 and will be the last commie to have his SKS or AK or any firearm pried from my dead hands.

and shouldnt this really be in the politics section anyway?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
wow this is unreal.. a communist for the citizens rights to own guns?!?!?!?! thats amazing... i guess they are everywhere... pol pot... real cool kid, you have a name after a terrible man who killed thousands of people...

the left wing is so out of touch with the average american citizen that its not even funny...

all the posts here were helpful, i agree with the cost factor and the accuracy is good on them too right? better than the ak47..
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#10]
What am I missing here?

Has the SKS been singled out as a target by the libs?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:42:00 AM EDT
[#11]
esss kaay esss.... say it.... essss kay esss.....

It's sounds scary.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
wow this is unreal.. a communist for the citizens rights to own guns?!?!?!?! thats amazing... i guess they are everywhere... pol pot... real cool kid, you have a name after a terrible man who killed thousands of people... ..

Yeah, but all those people that Pol Pot killed...they were probably a bunch of liberal commie pinko democrats anyway.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:04:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I suspect it is because the name is easy to remember.

You know thats a good point, I think it has a lot to do with that too. Cheap, effective and easy to remember for those with shot attention spans
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top