Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2006 6:52:45 AM EDT
well its down to these 2 guns.. we have them at our shoip right now and i am leaning towards the M48A sniper rifle because its a bit more powerful... but then again i dont know..

since this is an SKS thread, yall are going to be biased i would guess.. but try and give an honest look at both and tell me what you all think..

which caliber is more readily available... ???? the 8mm or the .223 (is that what the SKS shoots?) i need some help in making such a tough decision. hell,}
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:47:40 AM EDT
[#1]
both guns are great, the sks is semi auto, the mauser is a bolt, the sks if fun to shoot, the mauser is alot more accurate. i would say get a shooter grade Yugo sks and the m48a. the sks is chambered in 7.62x39, witch will be readily available and cheap pretty soon, the 8mm is not that expensive and is fairly easy to find as well, if you can only get one decide witch you want, if you are just shooting short range, get the sks, for 300 meters + the m48 is hard to beat, unless you get a K31, or a Mosin 91/30.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#2]
yea i think i am going to get the SKS and my roommate is going to buy the M48A...
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a M24/47 Yugo Mauser that is beautiful and a great shooter. Milsurp 8mm ammo is cheap for it too. Even cheaper that 7.62x39 is. Especially since the prices went up.
It's hard to compare the two as they are quite different in design and shooting purpose. Both Mausers and SKS's are great guns. Follow your heart on this one. You won't go wrong.
Right now I have a AKM, M24/47 Mauser, MN 91/30, Yugo SKS and a Norinco SKS plus the Yugo SKS I got for my son.
All are very reasonably priced quality rifles. Fun to own and shoot and easy to care for too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks side, i am looking forward to the gun being added to my collection. i just wish God would drop about 300 out of the sky so i could bring them both home.. i am really coming to the realization on this and it is summed up like this...

i used to be and still am a HUGE glock nut. i own a G26 and carry it everyday and its on my hip now, IWB in a galco ultra deep concealment rig.. i will never part ways with my precious sub compact glock 9mm. NEVER. but rather than save hundreds and hundreds of dollars to get more of the same, more GLOCK 9mm's (because handgun wise, thats all i care for for many reasons), i will be stocking up on old military rifles, both for long range shooting and for rapid fire... the mauser eventually for long range kills and the SKS for close quarters combat and plinking. i can hunt with the SKS too so it will be glorious. but i think for a total of UNDER 300 bucks, i can have these 2 rifles that are as tough if not tougher than any other rifles in the world!!! i already have an amazing sidearm and feel very secure and safe carrying it. this is just something that has occurred to me lately. what do you men think?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If the M48 is a sniper version, go for that. It will be FAR more collectable then the SKS in the future. If it's not a real sniper, go for the one you like more.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top