Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/6/2006 12:47:46 PM EDT
 A guy at work wants to sell a Russian SKS. He said he has never fired it. I brought it home to look at yesterday and I believe him. It still has cosmoline in it and has no carbon in the gas system. I checked on line and was shocked at the prices of SKS's. What he is asking ($200) is less than the online prices, but those guns have not sold. What is the realistic price a Russian in new/ arsenal refined condition should go for?

______

Took the gun out today after getting the cosmoline out of it. I had a plastic grocery bag of mixed Wolf ammo somebody gave me. After about 8 rounds to get a feel for the gun and to see it shoot, I shot a group. Result, 5 rounds onto a spot about the size of a golf ball dead on the ten ring at 50 yards.
 I am very impressed and happy. The gun ran great. I shot a total of about 30 rounds. I didn't have a lot of time. I am going to get some strippers and one of those ammo holders and keep this gun in my daily driver. I wish I could get the Chinese gun I have reliable but I will at some point.
 This gun was easy to shoot and all I can say is anything out to 100 yards is in the bag for sure. I appreciate you alls info about price.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't want it PM me and I'll arrange to buy it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I just sold a very nice russian, that had been shot about 3,000 rounds for 309 on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#3]

I went on and got it. Now we'll see how it shoots
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Pics... We must have pics.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Good job on that pickup!
Had a friend of mine pickup a refurbed russian,didnt look to have been shot after the refurb,for $125 at a pawnshop a few years ago.Now yours is the second best deal  on a russian I have heard of.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#6]
that was a great deal, i gave 300 for my refurb russian.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top