Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/27/2006 12:09:10 PM EDT
Due to bad eyes I suck with open sights. I sold a cherry norinco and now these nice peep sights come out and I might buy me another SKS if the Tech Sights are well made.

Anybody ??

rj
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried the Williams Fire Sight combo first - sucks for the Yugo.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for other SKS models because they are all a little different.  On my Yugo the rear sight shifted right and left a lot - useless!

I installed the Tech-Sights TS200 on my Yugo and am very pleased.  If you are familiar with the M1 Garand type aperture sight its very similar.  The set screws set the sight in place so that it returns to zero when you put the thing back together.  I've found that with my 38 year old Lasik improved eyes the weak point in the whole thing is the size of the front sight, which I plan to grind down.  Even my Dad's 76 year old eyes can do pretty well with the aperture sight, but he actually used an M1 back in the old Army Air Corps - Riding a bike type thing I guess.

Short answer - I recommend them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool.  I'm 52 with bifocals so I can't focus on any of the sights unless I rock my head back off the stock,, so much for the cheek weld .  I do OK with aperture sights and I totally suck with open sights. Anything I plan on doing any serious shooting with has a scope on it.

I think I will see if I can come up with a cheap SKS and order the tech sight.  Too bad I sold my $99 Norinco.

rj
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top