Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:17:22 PM EDT
Well I would not have believed it but.................... after learning how..........using just a bullet, you can strip your Yugo 59/66 completely down, including removing the receiver and barrel from the stock, trigger assembly, magazine assembly,bolt assembly and both gas pistons---- in 60 seconds !!  

The only thing you can't take apart is the bolt [ removing the firing pin ]

Can you do that with the M16 -smile- ???? I know it will take longer trying to replace a defective gas tube. Please no flames........just a humorous comparison.

I am impressed with the simplicity of the design and how easy it is to swap out defective parts on the battlefield. I'll bet guys on the AR15 Forum would say the Yugo is a piece of crap....compared to their beloved Ar15.......but do they know anyone can strip and rebuild the Yugo faster than you can clear some serious jams in the AR15

I love this rifle.........
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds cool to me. I'm a AR15 person myself but if your happy with your rifle and it does the job for you go for it I'm trying to picture you doing this and failing.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both...and I'd be first to admit that the SKS has some advantages...

1.  Simplicity of design

2.  Very robust components

3.  Price!

Where the ar15 shines is ergonomics, versatility (optics, "bells & whistles" available), and of course the COOLNESS FACTOR (you don't see SKS's in the hands of Stallone, Schwartzenegger, etc in your favorite action movie)  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
"you don't see SKS's in the hands of Stallone, Schwartzenegger, etc in your favorite action movie"

I could swear Rambo had 3 yugos and 1 norincohippie.gif
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I can completely take my AR / M-16 down in less than 60 sec...with my eyes closed. That includes removing the firing pin.  Then...with out opening them I can put in back together again in less than 60 sec.  (Thats field stripping)  We had to do that in Army Basic.  

I do also have a Yugo SKS and love it...NO FLAMING HERE just letting you know.

Take care,
Medic 0372
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmmm........... does that mean you can replace the trigger assembly within that 60 seconds ???

You can with the Yugo    It takes me 5 seconds to snap the trigger assembly out and a couple seconds more to snap another assembly back into place. No removing of bolt or bolt carrier or anything else is required to accomplish this task........

That is what is meant by simplicity of design.

I know you guys are trained well............. and are the best of the best...... I am glad I am on your side.

Thanks for serving our country

JF.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Dont forget the nifty cleaning kit in the stock and the cleaning rod under the barrel... not that you'll ever need it....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I love my sks rifles and agree it is a simple,robust design that is easily dissassembled,however the ar rifles are pretty damn easy as well to take down.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#8]
never timed myself on an SKS, but i know i can strip my AK in less than 10 seconds...duno about closed eyes, but it aint much longer

damn now im gonna have to go try on my dad's Yugo!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would you need to strip one anyway? The SKS and AK just keep going and going reguardless of how often you clean them...!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top