Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:44:24 PM EDT
Where might one find a good mount for SKS optics?  I am looking for a mount that somehow attaches to the receiver (not the replacement receiver cover).  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
   www.rifletech.com may have what you are looking for.....but it aint cheep.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the replacement reciever cover model that sells for $35. On my Yugo it fits firmly and works great.
I know these aren't what you want and they have a iffy rep depending on your particular gun. Some fit loose. But they're fine if  they fit snug.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I sort of like the idea of a forward-mounted Scout scope-esque setup for the SKS, myself.

Either mounted on the rear sight base or on a well-fitted gas tube handguard, the accuracy potential is theoretically much better.

But the problem of shifting zero after reassembly is still there regardless.

The most accurate and practical mount would probably be a sidesaddle mount, as used with some lever- and boltguns, with a shell deflector installed integrally with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't want to spend too much money on this project since I have about $89 in the rifle itself.  Is that side scope mount attached to the stock or the receiver?  Is it a do it yourself job or will a gunsmith be needed?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#5]
May be too late to get this to you but this is a good site for SKS info.

www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/choatesksscope/index.asp

www.surplusrifle.com/sks/quickdetach/index.asp

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top