Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:43:08 AM EDT
Mine does... is this common?  

It's still damned fun to shoot, but hitting myself in the nose when I pull the trigger is annoying.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I did the first time i shot my Yugo rifle is a little small lol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they designed these guns for pigmys.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Russians must have short necks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I put a Ramline nylon stock on mine so it is more 'adult' sized.  No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the same thing with my Garand, and was told that shooters of these old military rifles move your thumb to the right side of the reciever instead of over the top to prevent it.

I do it with all of my old military rifles now.

It takes a little practice to get out of the habbit, but the negative reinforcement of having your thumb bonk your nose helps alot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:00:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Wood is for fires. Get a  Get a plastic fantastic on it. Go with anything but a Ramline. IMHO. Choate and Tapco seem more comfy out of the box. ATI stocks need some work but are what I prefer.

Have fun whatever you do. I love to plink with my SKS.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the fact that the SKS (by design) digests the crappiest ammo imaginable and never complains or malfunctions.  Who cares if it's made out of recycled tractor parts.

I think I need another SKS that I can make into a frankengun.  I want to leave the other one in pristene condition just for sentimental reasons.  Hrm... either that or just buy a AK for rapid disposal of 7.62xCommie ammo.  Decisions, decisions....
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I love the fact that the SKS (by design) digests the crappiest ammo imaginable and never complains or malfunctions.  Who cares if it's made out of recycled tractor parts.

I think I need another SKS that I can make into a frankengun.  I want to leave the other one in pristene condition just for sentimental reasons.  Hrm... either that or just buy a AK for rapid disposal of 7.62xCommie ammo.  Decisions, decisions....

Solution:   Buy both, that way you won't regret your decision of choosing one over the other.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#10]
No problems here, 5-11 and the stock fits fine. Could be a little  longer, but it works.

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top