Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 2:05:05 PM EDT
I bought an 89 Norinco SKS the other day. It came with a bipod mounted in the same hole the bayonet uses to pivot on. The screw that was in the hole was the one that came with the bipod, not the one that came with the carbine. I ordered a replacement bayonet off eBay because it was cheap and came with the screw I (thought I) needed. So, I put the screw in and lo and behold, there are no threads to hold it in. It fits perfectly, it just doesn't have anything to screw into.

To be more specific, the bayonet lug has two holes, one on either side. The hole on the left side (looking down the barrel from the rear) is counter-sunk so the head of the screw fits flush. It does and looks factory. The right side is just a hole and the screw fits perfectly to the end, it just doesn't have anything to thread into.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what I need to do? This is driving me nuts to figure out!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like someone drilled out the threads in the lug.

Maybe you can replace it with a screw similar to what colt uses for a front take down pin.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top