Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:20:46 PM EDT
picked up a M model today, i got a question. my yugo,

the bolt stays back on an emty magazine. is the bolt suppose to stay back on these M models?

thanks Tim
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
No, there is no bolt hold open on the M model.

Since it uses AK mags there is no cut-out for stripper clips either.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a site with some good info on the SKS-M

www.yooperj.com/
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
yea i got the yugo out and was looking at both of them and figured it out, thanks for the info. though. havent seen these around for awhile, found it at a gun show today. the guy wanted 350. for it. traded him a Llama .45 for it. i dont think i did to bad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, just read the SKS info on the site linked above, and now I am confused. I thought I had an SKS D, but maybe I have an SKS M. It seems to be a mixture of both, with no bayo lug......
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Without a bayo lug it must be a M model. All the D's had the spike type of bayonet and military type stock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
shouldnt it have a M stamped in the receiver if it is so?
mine does.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Should be marked with either an "M" or "sporter" most notably, either came with or can be found with thumbhole or monte stock, SKS-D has stripper clip guides, the "M" does not, hope this is helpful in a nutshell.....Sean
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:46:11 AM EDT
[#8]
All the M's I've ever seen (doesn't necessarily mean that they are all like this) are stamped with the year of import as the first two digits in the serial number. Something like:
SKS-M 93XXXX
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep, mine has the M and the year stamp. So it is an M.

Anybody with a D want to buy the Monte Carlo stock?
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top