Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/30/2005 3:01:06 PM EDT
Needed a lighter, more user friendy version of an SKS. I started with a shooters grade that I bought for $45 bucks. I removed the luancher and front sightbase. cut and recrowned the barrel cut the Font sightbase reamed it out and tig tacked it to the gas block. modified the stock and addedthe PG...

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
So how does it shoot?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The 20 rnd. after market piece of crap mag is already gone! I put the fixed box 10 back on and it fired great. except the huge fireball from the muzzle. It just feels so right in my hands. I might put a muzzle brake on . oh did I mention how freaken loud it is? I don't think it was this loud before the chop. shorter barrels are louder. I'm going to try and get a pic of the muzzle flash. Kind of hard with a digital camera, It has that stupid delay before taking the pic.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#3]
i think a FAL muzzle break would look sweet. like the ones on the L1A1
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you keep a 16" barrel length?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
It actually measures 17 1/2" . Just wanted to be safe.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh believe me, I would never chop on my Chicoms,but a shooters grade Yugo was just beggin' for this!
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top