Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/9/2005 5:47:54 PM EDT
Does any one have one of the "dragunov fiber force" stock for their SKS? Thinking of getting one. looking for comments from people who have used them. thanks
xxxx
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
dont get it
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking about getting this one   http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept_id=1230&sku=SKS-540&imgid=&mscssid=X5E7MPQ146348MPRSX0C0C97GDCL7XX5
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting this one   SKS stock

thats the monte carlo stock I want this one dragunov stock
xxxx
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
dont get it

why not? Have you used one?
xxxx
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I asked about stocks a while back, here is the thread

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=189178
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
well for the most part they make they rifle illegal in most states, and secondly why would anyone want to put a synthic stock on a wood stock rifle, it doesnt really do much other then allow others to laugh at you at the range, the SKS isnt a sniper rifle so there is no reason in making it look like one.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I've tried the stock your asking about.  If you are dead set on getting one like the Advanced Tech. one - I opt for the Choate version instead.  I actually like the look of the ATI over the Choate, but the Choate is more comfortable.

Taking my opinion for what it is worth, I don't have either one on any of my SKS's anymore.  I've went back to original configurations.  The only non-wood stock that I would consider is the chinese red fiberglass stock.  It is the only stock that looks "right" that isn't wood.

DK
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I got the ATI Dragonov. Out of the box it needs help. I have a Choate too. I modified the ATI by filing it to fit me. I don't like the trigger pull length on the Choate. Will tell you more later.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm back. The thing I don't like about the Choate is that they moved th pistol grip to far forward. If you like to sqeeze your trigger with the tip of your finger you will find it a little uncomfortable. But having said that, it's the more comfortable out of the box.

If you like to customize things I like the ATI better. I like to customize. The first thing I did was take a double cut file and hack a bunch of material where my thumb goes on the pistol grip, on the upper side. Then I filed the pistolgrip with the half round file were my fingers went. Rounded the corners.

I also cut the forend where the top 3 slots are. I cut the stock along the bottom edge of the top slots. I used a vented metal hand guard in place of the original.

Where the back of the reciever meets the stock they didn't gap it so you can remove the reciever cover. I cut the stock off even with the top of the reciever(with reciever cover removed). Then I notched the stock So the cover would come off.

The other thing I did was to cut the stock a little shorter for me. Which you probably won't have to do.

Then I finish sanded it and gave it a cammo paint  job of my own.

The Choate doesn't need all that work. But I don't like the shortened trigger pull distance.

Which one do I shoot the most ? Hands down the ATI one. But it also is a D model so 30 rd AK mags are more fun than 10 rd strippers. The Choate one is a a regular SKS.

My conclusion:  If you want to put it on and shoot, or have short fingers, go Choate. If you like to customize things go ATI.

P.S. TAPCO has a new SKS stock. It has the M-4 calapsable and SAW grip.(check out the AR15 vs AK47 thread in Gen. Disc. for a pict.) Not sure on a price.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top