Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2005 12:32:58 PM EDT
Any distributors with SKS on the surplus market besides, the Yugoslavia  made ones right now?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is the nade launcher on the end that bothers you, I think Aim Surplus is still selling ones without it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
There are Chinese SKSs floating around which were imported years ago. In addition, I've seen what were advertised as Russian SKSs at shows.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Century has Romanian SKS's.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
How can I get that ugly looking thing(nade launcher) off the gun? I am thinking about buying one, but it looks so damned ugly. The launcher, not the rifle.

ETA Post # 300! Woot woot!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
This tutorial teaches you how to remove the Grenade Launcher step-by-step....

Yugoslavian M59/66 Grenade Launcher Tutorial at Surplusrifle.com
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Century has Romanian SKS's.

Same thing, just doesnt have the launcher.  At least I've read that 2 or 3 different places.  All on the net, so it may be BS.

Quoted:
This tutorial teaches you how to remove the Grenade Launcher step-by-step....

Yugoslavian M59/66 Grenade Launcher Tutorial at Surplusrifle.com

That's just the sight and they bayonet.  How do you get rid of the crap out front?

ETA.  NM Found it.  www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/grlaunchremove/index.asp

ETA.  Not worth it.  Why have open threads at the end of the barrel.  It's even more ugly than before.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for thr help boys. I think I will just spend extra, and get a good SKS without one.
PS Is $190 a good price for a chicom norinko SKS in good condition? Oh, it is missing the bayonet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya have to cover up the threads with a brake! Once the brake is installed you also have to weld it to the barrel. I don't believe it is legal to leave the threads exposed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ya have to cover up the threads with a brake! Once the brake is installed you also have to weld it to the barrel. I don't believe it is legal to leave the threads exposed.

You got a source for a good brake?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top