Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:33:31 PM EDT
Are you supposed to rack a round with the charging handle on every shot, or is it semi-auto like I thought it was.

And how do I fix this problem if it really does exist.  I have to yank the bolt back for every shot.

Like I said, I bought one for cheap knowing nothing about em.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably have a yugo SKS that has a switch above the gas tube that needs to be set to a certain position. I dont have that version so i dont know exactly what it is, but i'm sure someone else here can help you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, i have a yugo, i'll check it out
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
wow, you really need to know a bit more about a firearm before you take it out and shoot it.

get a manual for it and then become familliar with it.

www.simonov.net/information.htm

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
wow, you really need to know a bit more about a firearm before you take it out and shoot it.

get a manual for it and then become familliar with it.

www.simonov.net/information.htm

Well its not like I'm gonna kill someone using it.  I know plenty about firearms and firearm safety.  Its not like I could do any harm.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You probably have the yugo with grenade launcher option. There's a switch somewhere on the top oif the reciever that needs to be swicthed. You probably have it on grenade fire wihich for obvious reasons is a single-action function. Switch it to the proper posititon and you should be going semi with no problems.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#6]
move the switch at the end of the gas tube all the way to the right
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top