Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 5:52:52 PM EDT
I'm thinking of getting an SKS, and certain models are still legal in Kalifornia.

Which ones are built better? Aren't the Chinese and Russian ones supposed to be the best?

Which ones have the chrome-lined barrels?

In what condition can they be found?

What are the different prices?

Can you tell me anything else I need to know?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got a C&R Yugo M59/66 (that you can't have in CA ).  Shoots great.  It's a very nice gun.  I didn't get to really find out how accurate it is because the shooting position at the range was a wobbly bench at the absolute worst height possible.  But from what I saw, it seemed pretty good.  BlammO Jr. was reliably blasting bowling pins at 50 yards.

I can say that $139 was a hell of a deal for an "excellent" grade gun.  Mainly, I post this as a tag, though, since I have a lot to learn about it.

I'd love to get another and put a folding stock on it, but it appears to be too dicey with all the freaking stupid laws.

[Edutid fer typoh]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You get it from AIM?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You get it from AIM?  

Me?  Yep.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You get it from AIM?  

Me?  Yep.

I just ordered one of those
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of the distributors make "Kalifornia legal" versions of the Yugo SKS. They remove the Grenade launcher and replace it with a permanent muzzle brake. I think it's about $20 extra. My Yugos are rapidly becoming my favorite rifles. No chrome bore though, but the unissueds have mirror-bright shiny bores, and if you use clean ammo and good maintenance, it should stay that way for a long time. Definitely a well-built model anyway.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top