Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 6:17:03 PM EDT
Who makes the best scope mount and scope?

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Receiver cover mount is not worth the $ or the effort. The receiver cover will constantly move the scope around.

Go side mount.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a Choate scope mount. It's the best there is. Choate
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
SKS bling

Hang on it costs , but I believe its the best you can.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The SKS is not designed for a scope. If you want to scope it remove the reciever cover and replace it with an AR15 upper, then replace the lower  with an AR15 lower and you will have something to scope.

Put a williams peep sight on it and buy some ammo with the $ you would spend on the scope and practice shooting.

If you want to shoot shotgun shells at 100yds you bought the wrong gun. I like my SKS but it is good for about 300yds and not much smaller than coyote size targets at that range. Its my tin cans at 100yd rifle.

Just my thoughts on it
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top