Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 4:31:06 AM EDT
I am not too informed on the SKS, been reading a few things here and am at a point of confusion.

A friend at work has a friend selling an SKS and asked me if I, (he knows I built an AR), was interested  in a "New in Box" SKS for $200.

The only info he could give me over the phone (I haven't seen it yet) was :
Century International
Yugo
59-66
and of course 7.62x39

I read a few posts here taliking about $100 yugos and such, so I am wondering what the real deal here is.  I told him I'd let him know tomorrow if I wanted it or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

No Expert
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the opinion.

So, If I can take a look at it and it is actually NIB, still packed in cosmo and all that, it may not be a bad deal.  

The only background I know on him is he bought it, "never used it", and now has money problems and in selling alot of his stuff.

No Expert
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
WEll, I did my research, found many references to Yugos in unissued condition going for $125-$150.  So I offered him $150 is it was even near as good condition as he claims, figured I don't have to pay shipping for an FFL transfer in a FTF sale.... and he sold it to some guy for $225 instead.

Wow.... now he wants me to tell him where he can gt them for $150 so he can sell them to people for $225.  

Guess I'll be holding off on getting one for now.

No Expert
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I Think its better to miss a good deal than jump on a bad one. You are not a novice anymore.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top