Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:59:03 AM EDT
I posted this question in a different AK area and didnt get very far. I am hoping to more info in this area.  A friend of mine has a Norinco SKS with the factory AK mag conversion, the person he got it from sawed the socks butt off and made it a "defense gun".  My friend wants to get into shooting and a sawed off just will not do. If I were to get a different stock would I need a spicific Noronco SKS AK conversion or would any stock do? Any ideal where I can locate one of these? Thanks Mike K
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#1]

I owned a SKS-M model and put a Butler creek folder on it. The aftermarket stocks are designed for the box mag but will work with the SKS-M with a little but of work. I used rough grit sandpaper and a dremel to make it fit.

Quoted:
I posted this question in a different AK area and didnt get very far. I am hoping to more info in this area.  A friend of mine has a Norinco SKS with the factory AK mag conversion, the person he got it from sawed the socks butt off and made it a "defense gun".  My friend wants to get into shooting and a sawed off just will not do. If I were to get a different stock would I need a spicific Noronco SKS AK conversion or would any stock do? Any ideal where I can locate one of these? Thanks Mike K

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Here you go, any of the ones that say 5rd detachable will work without a bunch of modification.

SKS stocks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an advanced tech stock on my paratrooper model. I used pheonalic material to make a block to cover the unused length of the opening. I pinned it in with brass rod and sanded everthing smooth before I painted it. You could do the same thing with hardwood. I prefer the plastic others prefer wood, find the one that fits you best.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top