Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/28/2004 7:21:52 PM EDT
What is the difference between the Yugo 59 SKS and the Yugo 59/66 SKS rifles? Besides the price. Aimsurplus has them both but I can't tell what is different between the 2 guns. They state that the 59 SKS is rare and are limited.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
The M59 is pretty much a plain jane SKS rifle

The M59/66 has a few added features:

Grenade launcher tube on the muzzle
Flip up grenade sight
gas cutoff button on the gas tube forward
rubberized buttpad

And it appears the M59 was produced in lower numbers, or at least fewer have been imported.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool, thank you for that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
oh, and per tradition on AR15.com.... you must....

GET BOTH!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I have a Russian right now. I also have an AR-15 on order. If that ever comes in that might just kill the funds for a while. But if I see that Bush does not take it all Tuesday I will probably get a few of something. The SKS will probably be coming home along with other goodies when the gun show gets here the week before Thanksgiving.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top