Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/17/2004 12:19:05 PM EDT
anybody have one. aim surplus is selling them for like 160 i think. been thinkin about getting one. might be a good collection peice. anyone think they will go like the albainians?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered one.  According to AIM, they only have a small quantity.  Maybe the'll get more, maybe not.  The M59/66 supply is still there... so maybe we'll get more of them.  

I don't think they'll be like the Albanian in the oddities and differences... meaning, you should be able to use M59/66 parts in the M59 without problems.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:50:06 AM EDT
[#2]
ok thanks. i was just wondering were they would stand for being collectible.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:48:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Received it last night.  Looks pretty nice.  The wood is darker, like walnut, with good figure lines.  In good shape with a couple dings and one gouge on one side close to the handguard.  The metal is about 70% on the blueing.  Detail stripped it, and everything internal looks to be in like new condition.  The bore looks good, but I haven't wiped it out yet.   Should get it all cleaned up tonight.

If they do have a small quantity, and they don't get more, they will be somewhat collectible.   If this one cleans up well and works well, I'll definitely want to get another or two.   I prefer the ones without the grenade launching stuff.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats funny cause I think the grenade add ons look pretty good. Either way this is a nice gun that I am also thinking about getting, if I don't get the M1 Garand.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top