Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/15/2004 11:07:49 AM EDT
I would like to know if a Chinese 100rd drum or a Romanian 75 rd drum would work in a Norinco SKS-D.
If it doesn't would I need to modify the magazine or the rifle? I've been getting a lot of aceesories for my AR's, now it's my SKSs' turn.

edit: I just read that the Chinese drums can be modified by filing on the mag catch of the drum to make it narrower, this will not affect it's use in AK's.
I think I'm going to get one and try it out..heehee
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
they will fit if you remove some wood from the bottom of the stock at the magwell.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
In my norinco sporter, the mag wel is too recessed for a drum to fit. I am going to have to kget an old stock and try cutting some of the wood outod the way. I dont want to mess up the original stock.

But I think that the wood it the only problem. not the drums themselves.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to trim some stock to make them fit, I would not do it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top