Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 6:33:51 PM EDT
I've been trying to sell my SKS-D, been asking between 350 and 360 shipped, depending on the ad.  I've shot about 250 rounds through it, comes with 2 30 round mags.  Am I asking too much?  I haven't got a single bite in about two weeks of peddling it.  I thought these guns were kind of desired items, am I wrong?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
First where are you selling it?   There are "D"s on gunbroker getting $300+.
Second are you sure its a "D"?   There are actually "D" "M" , Navys and "MC5Ds I think and variation in there.   All use AK mags but have different values.

They are desible in original comfiguration and should bring over $250 I would say depending on actual model and condition.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure it's the D, it's full length, and everything is intact.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $250.00 shipped for one a few months ago off of gunbroker....................I could be interested in another in a couple of weeks if you still have it
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got this one , It's the last of three I bought NIB . I'm thinking of selling it ,
but If I do I expect around $375 for it . It's untouched right down to the piece of Chinese gauze
under the rear sight .  If not I'll put it back in the closet until its an Antique

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is a good way to se what you have.

This is Survivors faq
http://www.victorinc.com/SKS-FAQ.html

Another page is
http://www.yooperj.com/SKS.htm

Chrome1: that looks like a "M" to be beacuese its 16', no bayonet, thumbhole, thin mag relaase ect.   It probably has a 7 or 8 didget ser# with a the 2 didget year code.   Its still a real nice detachible and ya it looks mint.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Right, mine is the 20", has the bayo, and no thumbhole.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Right, mine is the 20", has the bayo, and no thumbhole.

Im told that if it is 18" with bayo and it has a factory installed mag release like an AK then its most likely a "D"

Other things to looks for

1)Does the bayo have a little button on it that allows a quick detach.
2) Is the Imported CSI, Beta, or Navy.
3) is the Ser#4 or 5 digets.
4) is the stock a military style or monte carlo.
5) Does it say SKS-M, Sporter, MC5D anywhere on it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've been trying to sell my SKS-D, been asking between 350 and 360 shipped, depending on the ad.  I've shot about 250 rounds through it, comes with 2 30 round mags.  Am I asking too much?  I haven't got a single bite in about two weeks of peddling it.  I thought these guns were kind of desired items, am I wrong?

NIB AK's can had for about $300 right now.  That could be why your SKS is not selling.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NIB AK's can had for about $300 right now.  That could be why your SKS is not selling.

Ya thats probably a real good reason I had not thought about.   With the demize of the ban and all the 10 parts and other options people are probably head long into AKs.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top