Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2004 4:35:14 PM EDT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the Gun Show yesterday getting there before they opened. After opening up I walked around and looked at every table.

On my way out a man was trying to sell an SKS shooter grade for $120.
The Vendor didn't want any more guns with a light crowd and hurricane coming. I offered the guy $80 dollars and he said OK.

I went to get my money out of my wallet as quick as I could not even really counting it to well. I said that I forgot about the entrance fee and looks like I have only $65 dollars. He said he would take that. I showed him my Drivers and CCW license but didn't write any of them down and barely glanced at them in my hand. At this time he showed me a Badge so I would know I wasn't buying from a felon.

Driving home I was thinking that I took $80 dollars out of the bank before going to the Gun Show and spent $5 dollars to get in which meant that I gave him $75 dollars. I was OK with that since I originally offered him $80 dollars.

I got home and took my bank reciept out to enter it in my check book and realized I only took out $60 dollars which meant that I only gave the man $55 dollars for the SKS. Thinking back I did remember giving him 2 twenties a ten and a five. I felt guilty at this time but there was no way I could make it back to the Gun Show and find the seller.

I took the gun apart and found that it had been shot and sprayed down but not cleaned. I cleaned it up and everything looks fine. It's missing the cleaning kit and cleaning rod which I have extras of both since this is my second SKS.

I do feel bad about giving the man only $55 dollars for the gun though.
Oh well, I'll get over it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You the guy that shorted me $10.00
just kidding
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top