Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 8:02:44 AM EDT
Today I shot my yugo sks for the first time. Rifle function with no problems. Only put 60 rouds thru it to get a feel for the saftey,trigger pull and gas system. I really enjoyed shooting it. Shot at 50 yards at a 6 " square and was putting all the rounds in the square after adjusting the sights. I will get me another one to "bubba" it for hog hunting. Cheap shooting pleasure, almost had to smoke a cigarrette aftered.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear a good range report!  I just got  one today and I've started the 'clean and bake' routine.  Man, they sure are cosmoed up huh!?  I'm really looking forward to getting  mine to the range and check it out.  I hope by next weekend.    
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I made an oven out of 1/2 plywood and 3 light bulbs to get the cosmo out. I will use this oven  with one 40 watt bulb to dry out the stock on painting. I use a combination of things to get rid of that cosmo. I wash and wipe down in mineral spirits, then I baste the stock in rubbing alcohol, then bake it, rubbing alcohol,then bake it till I see no more cosmo. But it is still there. Maybe next time I would add some potatoes and carrots when I bake the stock. Can't hurt.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Many pots of boiling water works VERY well.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top