Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2004 11:44:54 AM EDT
Is there a "correct" bayonet for use on a Chinese SKS? Blade or spike? Or does it matter?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think most chinese SKS's had the spike but I believe early ones had the blade.  Check out simonov You will find out everything you ever wanted to know about SKS's there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm...

Simonov.net says that bayonets on Chinese SKS rifles are not legal.

Simonov uberlaw

BAYONETS:

SUMMARY:  I need to write the BATF for more clarification about this one...  A post-ban Russian Simonov may legally possess it's bayonet so long as it's still 922(r) compliant.  No post-ban, imported Chinese SKS can keep this feature. Romanian and Yugoslavian SKS are up in the air as they are not C&R listed last I looked.  However, in the past Yugoslavian Simonovs and more recently a boatload of Romanians were imported with the bayonet, so they may have been recently listed as C&R eligible or approved for import and possession.

ATF shows no listing for Chinese SKS in the C&R list. Damn.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top