Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/8/2003 12:12:58 PM EDT
I just recently aquired a beautiful Yugo M59/66 (SKS) in absolutely flawless condition.  However, none of the three front sight elevation tools I have for it will fit over the front post to adjust the elevation.  It seems the front post is just slightly wider than the notch on the tools.  What would be the best way to remedy this problem?  Would a Chinese or Russian front sight post fit the Yugo?  Should I try to open up the notch on one of the tools?  On another note I put 200 rounds of Barnaul through it this weekend and it is an absolutely outstanding weapon.  It shoots slightly low and to the left at 25 yards.  If I could fine tune the sights I would be good to go.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I had similar problem.  I used a Chinese C-Clamp style sight adjustment tool and it worked fine.  I get excellent groups from mine and its right on at 100.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the c-clamp tool from Tapco and it still isn't wide enough.  I'm thinking now maybe the upper portion of my post has some burs or some small imperfection I'm not seeing.  Might get the little file out tonight to see what can be done.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
shotar what would you consider excellent groups with your sks? I don't own and haven't shot an sks yet, just curious.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I used a small file to open up an AK sight tool and it works fine.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top