Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/28/2003 12:27:01 PM EDT
Everytime I fire my SKS, the brass won't eject.  This is after I field stripped it and cleaned it.  The bolt goes a half-inch back and stops with the shell still in the chamber.  What the hell is wrong with it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
something is blocking the gas system.  Could be a bent gas piston, or could be cosmoline still stuck in the gas block.  Clean again, check for straightness, let us know.  Also, if its a Yugo, the gas valve could be in the wrong position.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Once, I found the piston head had broken off the shaft on my Chinese SKS. I don't know for how long it was like that but I found it right after I returned from the range and didn't have any problems.

But still, it could be something like that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is a Yuog SKS you may just have the gas tube setting in the grenade launcher application.

Try moving the gas block selector the the down position.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
also If a yugo,especaly a well used one,you my have gas escaping at the gastube/gasblock junction.best way to see this is to have someone else shoot it while you watch.If no one available wrap it with electrice tape as a temp fix to see if it functions.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
i am having the same problem going to try the black tape fix  hope it solves it if it does where can i get a new gas  block?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with everyone else, most likely you missed cleanig your gas piston.

Here's a pic:

www.surplusrifle.com/sks/disassemble/hs.asp

I didn't know this thing existed till someone pointed it out to me a few years ago.

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:24:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the best fix for gas leak @gastube/block would be to get the right size of thin gasket preferbly one ment for exhaust systems.As for the small piston in the rear sight block if that sucker is just cacked with dried cosmo that may be your prob as well.And one you wouldnt notice by just working the bolt by hand.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top