Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2003 3:21:40 PM EDT
I bought a K-sports sks last week, & went to shoot it last Tuesday. My goodness what a long distance trigger pull! It has what feels like a 1/4 dead space, & then what feels like a 1/2" travel before it goes bang. Is there anything within reason that can be don to these rifles without spending more than it cost, to fix this to the point of making it more usable?

I shot about a 3" 10 shot group at 100 yards with the crappy scope, & lousy trigger pull it came with. The trigger pull made my M-4 with the Colt standard parts feel like I was shooting a competition match grade trigger group.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#1]
You might try the C&R forums over at gunsnet. there's a guy over there who seems to have a decent reputation for "tuning" the SKS trigger group.IIRC, the price was reasonable and a few board members posted the results. I'd fix you up with a link but no longer have search priveledges

Might check SGN as well, I recall ads for SKS performance triggers but I haven't picked up a copy in ages.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks WildWes, I'll do that & see what I can come up with. Thanks for the lead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Searcher, I'm feeling a bit embarassed here...

Campybob has the fellow's link tacked at the top of this forum!! (I don't browse this forum very often...)
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top