Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:42:16 PM EDT
I've never been interested in having an SKS but I was at a pawn shop 2 weeks ago, & found one that was parkerized black, with a green fiber type stock. It doesn't have the papers with it, but it does have a scope. No bayonet, but it does have a cleaning rod. I talked them down to $200 + taxes otd, but still don't really know if it is a rip or not. I would give it a 97 to 98 % overall. It looks brand new, & I went back today to see if it is still there, & it is. I don't want to miss a bargain if it is. Someone on the general board said it might be a rarer stock that is valued by collector who would pay much more for it if advertised. Pleas let me know what it is asap, as I don't want to miss out on a good deal. Thanks for any help in this matter, Searcher out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind on markings on the receiver?

Any chinese characters, If so it is a chinese SKS.

a star, a star with an arrow means its Russian.  

Are there any importer stamps on it?

If it is chinese $200 isn't a good deal, but for a Russian it is a good deal.

Here is a great sight you need to look at:

www.simonov.net/ubertypes.htm
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I went & bought it yesterday! It is the K-Sport shown in the link. I didn't get it for the original price they quoted me, but I still got a good deal according to the link. I paid $270.65 with taxes. Not to shabby, & it has a mounted scope to boot. Now I have to decide if I want to keep it, & shoot it, or sell it for a good profit. What would you do in my shoes? It looks like it has hardly been used if at all, & I fear if I start using it, I will ding it & it won't look as nice if I decide to resell it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top