Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2003 4:07:51 PM EDT
Would there be any negative ramifications to shooting my Yugo with the gas shut off?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really other than having to use it as a bolt action.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure how it works on the Yugo, but my friend had an M1A that we were monkeying around with, turned off the gas acidently, didn't have a manual. Well we get to the range, he get's one shot off and then the thing locks up completely, couldn't get that bolt open w/out raming the bolt handle against the top of the bench to get the empty shell casing out.

As I said this may not be the case with the Yugo, but was a real pain in the ass with the M1A until someone pointed out that the gas was turned off. Both of us felt like real idiots!  
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't help myself, I had to try my Yugo as a single shot.. I put the gas port switch to "grenade" mode and let fly with one round of the Wolf.  Nothing exploded, I'm still typing with 10 fingers and no (new) scars.  The kick was greater, but my oh-so-scientific one round test seemed a little more accurate.  The only problem I experienced was that the bolt was a REAL BITCH to cycle.  I continued to shoot it afterward, putting maybe another 200 rounds thru. Fair warning though, I may have just gotten lucky, and at my next outing with the gun the damn safety lever snapped off and nicked my nose after about 30 rounds. (more on that in another topic..)  I've no idea if the two were related, or if firing the yugo single really is remotely safe, but my curiosity is satisfied :)
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top