Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/21/2003 2:22:31 PM EDT
A friend wants a SKS and for me to go with him to look at it with the seller Thur after work. I know enough to ask questions here..

It has a folding Butler Creek stock, bipod, and aftermarket flash suppressor (no idea yet if real supp or fake look), original wood and bayonet in box, metal vent rib, and takes a 20rnd detachable mag (no idea if duckbill or other/mod).

Besides hoping for a clean import date stamp, what should I look for or beware of when I see the gun?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:36:28 AM EDT
[#1]
RS after all the mods you said, I would be wary of that rifle.  Someone who's more up to date on the laws might say wrong, but it is my impression that by changing parts out like the stock and modding the mag well, is that it no longer qualifies as a C&R, and falls under the brady bill and 89 importation bill.  If it was in original condition non rearsenaled for 400 or less I'd say jump on it.  I'd knock 75-100 dollars off (depending on condition) if it has been restocked (row of x's on butstock) or rearsenaled (square with a slash through it on reciver)
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:14:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I am glad it comes with all the original bits as well. I am wary of what was done to give it the ability to use detachable mags and how it may feed.
My friend is tired of borrowing my AK :) and wants to get a gun that will not freak out the wife as much.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top