Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 7:18:49 PM EDT
Of course I cut up my original that came with the rifle ten years ago when I bought it.  Hey how was I supposed to know it would be hard to get them later???

Can someone post a link for me to find one?  I appreciate it! Thanks,
guns762
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what originally came with it, or if these are what you are looking for, but it may be of interest.

www.aa-ok.com/AK_Accessories/AK_Accessories.htm

GoGo
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks GoGo,
Just orderd it.  8.00 plus 4.00sh/h for a used one.  She even described the condition for me over the phone.  Nice people to deal with. I know that it is really a AK sling, but that is what was on it originally, and it was used also.  If any one can verify what is the correct sling for a Russian SKS 1950, I would still appreciate it.  Thanks again,
guns762
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the condition of the sling from aa-ok.com.

I ordered the used AK sling for 8.00 +4.00S/H.  The sling I recieved is in nice condition will a little corrosion on the metal in some spots.  It was easy to remove and dress up.  It had some oil stains on the canvas, but came out with spray and wash.  The date is somewhat visible, 1963.  

What was interesting was on the D ring, there is a worn area on the finish that matches perfectly with the edge of the bayonet on my rifle.  In other words, I am pretty sure this sling came off of an SKS, or a version of the AK with a folding bayonet.  Just thought someone might be interested in this.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top