Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/30/2022 2:45:19 PM EDT
SKS section has been a little slow so here are some pics of my M sitting in a Yugo stock.  

Yes I know it has a metal handguard on it, I think it fits the rifle well and the original handguard got used to fill the bayo slot in the stock.

Mag liner has to be fabbed for the non-ak stocks.

Overall I think it came out good and a great improvement over the plastic side folder it was in when I got it.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
A very nice rifle, you did well Op. I really do like all SKS's
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Good work, i mean its no albie , bit shes clean af.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks very good. I want to do the same but use wood all the way back to the magazine adapter.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks very good. I want to do the same but use wood all the way back to the magazine adapter.
View Quote

Thanks.  Wood back to the mag liner would be an option.  If you aren’t going to stain it, finding something to match the original wood is the hardest part.  I’m a little picky but even the handguard I used for the bayo slot wasn’t the best match.

It takes a little fitting to get the rifle to fit the stock, o had done this a few years ago but iirc, besides the obvious opening up the stock to fit the magwell liner, I had to build up some weld on the cross bolt in the stock and also had to do some work to get the trigger assembly to lock in place.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice, the Yugo Stocks have good looking grain on them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Pic thread!
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks.  Wood back to the mag liner would be an option.  If you aren’t going to stain it, finding something to match the original wood is the hardest part.  I’m a little picky but even the handguard I used for the bayo slot wasn’t the best match.

It takes a little fitting to get the rifle to fit the stock, o had done this a few years ago but iirc, besides the obvious opening up the stock to fit the magwell liner, I had to build up some weld on the cross bolt in the stock and also had to do some work to get the trigger assembly to lock in place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am planning on going with a dark stain, not worried about the wood match up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Not an "M", but here's my sporter.

Edited for speeling.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m mounting a POSP to my SKS-M with the proper OP mount. The mount should be delivered today..
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]
How's magazine fitment?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I had an SKS M and sold it and bought a Roma AK.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How's magazine fitment?
View Quote

I only have a few mags (my only ak mag platform) that came with it when it got it.  They all fit fine but no idea what they are.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top