Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/13/2021 8:51:35 PM EDT
I'm looking for a source of good stripper clips for my chinese SKS. What's a good source?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The vast majority of the clips available today are cheap knockoffs. I have some for my SKS and the rounds are always falling off.
The only clips that are worth a damn are the original surplus ones...if you can find them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The vast majority of the clips available today are cheap knockoffs. I have some for my SKS and the rounds are always falling off.
The only clips that are worth a damn are the original surplus ones...if you can find them.
View Quote

That's what I assumed. Wondering if there is a source for them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ironic,.given that China used the SKS, isn't it?
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a vendor on eBay that sells the good Chinese SKS stripper clips, can't remember the name but will look.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy some of the Yugo ammo on stripper clips. They work great in my Chinese SKS.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Ebay usually has Czech ‘BXN’ stripper clips around 1-2 bucks a clip. They used to be a bit cheaper but they are good.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Buy some of the Yugo ammo on stripper clips. They work great in my Chinese SKS.
View Quote

Came to post this^^
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I always recommend looking for the Czech ‘BXN’ strippers cause I’ve not seen any cheap knockoffs.

The ‘original’ Chinese military strippers are great, but I guarantee you 80% of the ‘Chinese’ strippers today are the cheap repos. So do your homework.

The Yugo strippers are also good.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

The cheap stripper clips don't require much working to get them running reliably. Sometimes they are just not tight enough on the rim, so use pliers to squeeze the sections of the clip where the rim is held until the rim is tight. Bend the retention ears at each end in a little bit more. Wipe the clips with CLP or even Liquid Wrench. I've had zero issues with the cheap strippers after tweaking each one a little bit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd recommend getting some Yugo Surplus on clips while its still around, Its good ammo and the clips are a bonus.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The cheap stripper clips don't require much working to get them running reliably. Sometimes they are just not tight enough on the rim, so use pliers to squeeze the sections of the clip where the rim is held until the rim is tight. Bend the retention ears at each end in a little bit more. Wipe the clips with CLP or even Liquid Wrench. I've had zero issues with the cheap strippers after tweaking each one a little bit.
View Quote

I also found the cheap ones to work just fine, might need an adjustment or too but serve my purposes.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top