Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/4/2021 9:06:11 AM EDT
One of my Norinco SKSs has a bent follower arm - it'll only load 6 or 7 rounds - the gun showed me that my metal bending skills are terrible, and rather than just buy another magazine, I'd like to keep the numbers-matching magazine with the gun working as it should.  A local gunsmith has advised against any further attempts at bending the arm, due to potentially damaging the metal enough so that it fails \ breaks.  I can find complete magazines ($65 and up), I can find followers, but no luck so far on finding just the arm - I've looked at Sarco and Numrich and BuyMilSurp - no luck so far.  Before I buy a magazine assembly to get just the follower, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has a follower in their pieces and parts collection.  FWIW, the Numrich site shows that the follower and follower assembly is common to at least the following SKSs - Type 45, Type 56, and Type 59/66.  Anyone have a follower or follower assembly that they'd be willing to sell me?  I can pay ya in cash, or 7.62x39 ammo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One of my Norinco SKSs has a bent follower arm - it'll only load 6 or 7 rounds - the gun showed me that my metal bending skills are terrible, and rather than just buy another magazine, I'd like to keep the numbers-matching magazine with the gun working as it should.  A local gunsmith has advised against any further attempts at bending the arm, due to potentially damaging the metal enough so that it fails \ breaks.  I can find complete magazines ($65 and up), I can find followers, but no luck so far on finding just the arm - I've looked at Sarco and Numrich and BuyMilSurp - no luck so far.  Before I buy a magazine assembly to get just the follower, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has a follower in their pieces and parts collection.  FWIW, the Numrich site shows that the follower and follower assembly is common to at least the following SKSs - Type 45, Type 56, and Type 59/66.  Anyone have a follower or follower assembly that they'd be willing to sell me?  I can pay ya in cash, or 7.62x39 ammo.
View Quote

PM me your info.  I have a complete magazine assembly I took off a norinco years ago that I don't intend to put back on.  It is yours if you want it.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

PM me your info.  I have a complete magazine assembly I took off a norinco years ago that I don't intend to put back on.  It is yours if you want it.
https://i.imgur.com/iwkEMBql.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xF5w251l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/McxgIVsl.jpg
View Quote
That was very nice of you.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top