Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 8:45:49 PM EDT
I got my first SKS.  It's a Chinese one.

I sighted it in so that its POI is about 2" high at 50 yards on the 200m sight setting.  Is that good?

Accuracy was not good.  It was my first time shooting it but it seemed the groups were quite large.  

With the bayonet extended the group was about 1" left of where it was with the bayonet folded, but no shift in elevation.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats,  I haven't shot for groups in years,  but if I  recall correctly,  I was getting ~4-5 inch groups with irons. However,  I watched a guy on YouTube that did a MOA group offhand with iron sites.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been away from them for about 15 years... what I recall and how I just did my new Chinese addition... I put a target out at 25M or roughly 27 yards with the rear sight on the 100M setting.  I sight it in.  it's right on a 10" target at 100 yards. the range I was at had a 200 yard range,  so i slid the rear sight to 200M and although I can't really see the target too well (old eyes) ..I managed a 20" 8 shot group, not sure where the other two rounds went..i did not have a spotter.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top