Posted: 12/26/2020 8:32:48 PM EDT
no import marks anywhere chicom SKSAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a 1967 Arsenal 26.... it is possible.  That rifle has seen some hard use somewhere.

I bet the metal is pitted under the stock too. Have you had the stock off?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#3]
its not bad , some pitting , but not a rot box by any stretch , most of the pitting is below the wood on the receiver , i'll snap a couple pics
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
not sure how a SKS makes it to the states without import marks unless its a trophy
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a very early Arsenal 26 rifle made 1957... it is in the same condition. No import marks. The original wood stock was so badly worn it is not even useable anymore. I put it in a jungle stock so I could shoot it.

It is no more valuable than any other Norinco without any paperwork .
I would like to know it’s history also.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a very early Arsenal 26 rifle made 1957... it is in the same condition. No import marks. The original wood stock was so badly worn it is not even useable anymore. I put it in a jungle stock so I could shoot it.

It is no more valuable than any other Norinco without any paperwork .
I would like to know it’s history also.
View Quote

i will have to respectfully disagree , no import marks is a plus on any weapon found in a sea of like collectable weapons that have been mutilated , i collected K98's for about 10 years , no import marks increased value exponentially    , its a moot point really i will not ever sell it ,just pointing out my experience
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#8]
i'll give you an example on import marks , i found a Remington Mosin Nagant locally in a mom and pop , no import marks , sporterized bubba  stock but the remington cartouche was still visible on the butt , metal was mint , blue was perfect ,pristine bore , gave $190 for it

a little back ground , these were contract rifles for the russians  , this particular rifle never was delivered , so it never left the country being a rare bird example in that not re entering the states it did NOT require  IMPORT MARKS , this was about 12-14 years ago where you would trip over mosins in every gun shop in america , they were going for $150 -$175

that rifle with a bubba stock sold for almost 1k , literally like $3 bucks less than a grand while every other M91 was $150- $175 , thats no import marks to a collector
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

that rifle with a bubba stock sold for almost 1k , literally like $3 bucks less than a grand while every other M91 was $150- $175 , thats no import marks to a collector
View Quote

That is crazy!
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
ok , i posted it in a dedicated SKS forum , and one of the fellas nailed it (the rod) , its actually a AK rod  , and that surprises me even more because im a chinese AK guy ,lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#11]
www.SKSboards.com
??
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
www.SKSboards.com
??
View Quote

sks files , sks boards im still waiting for activation , had a account but cant remember the password and no help in retrieving account info , very old email addy  so couldnt reset PW decided to just create a new account , i was trying to find out if anyone made a AM stock for my M rifle and figured a dedicated SKS board would know
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Possible, however I’m very skeptical.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#14]
It has the same jungle patina as this 1960 T53 with no import marks.
The guys at gunboards think it's a 'Nam Bring back.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top