Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/27/2013 7:24:59 PM EDT
  I know I have a chinese made sks, but I do not know if it is a type 56, I am fairly new to the gun world. I just built my Sig AR-15 and it turned out well, I have an sks with the old wooden stock and crappy bayonet and I am trying to beef it up (turn it into a tactical rifle), I bought a stock off of amazon and it did not fit. I returning it and I need to know what type of stock I need to buy, I heard of the Tapco T6 Intrafuse stock would fit my sks but I really do not know, or would it tell me on the gun itself if it is a type 56 or what type it is. I was all over youtube and made the decision to buy the stock that i bought because thats what was recommended for a chinese sks but I was obviously wrong. Really need some help, I'm big into handguns but the tactical rifles are a new area for me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 9:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I can hardly read your post.

Any of the aftermarket stocks should fit.... Some fitting will be required with just about any stock on the SKS.

The biggest difference is with the threaded in type barrels and the pressed in type barrels on the Chinese models.

Can you post pictures of your gun?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I know I have a chinese made sks, but I do not know if it is a type 56, I am fairly new to the gun world.

I just built my Sig AR-15 and it turned out well, I have an sks with the old wooden stock and crappy bayonet and I am trying to beef it up (turn it into a tactical rifle), I bought a stock off of amazon and it did not fit.

I returning it and I need to know what type of stock I need to buy, I heard of the Tapco T6 Intrafuse stock would fit my sks but I really do not know, or would it tell me on the gun itself if it is a type 56 or what type it is.

I was all over youtube and made the decision to buy the stock that i bought because thats what was recommended for a chinese sks but I was obviously wrong.

Really need some help, I'm big into handguns but the tactical rifles are a new area for me.

Now, with paragraphs.

TXL
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top