Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2012 3:06:04 PM EDT
I bought a yugo yesterday still soaked in cosmoline. It is missing the gas tube and hand guard which i will be getting parts to put on it. Its also missing the cleaning rod. I paid $80. Did i score or did i just do ok??
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You made out like a bandit! Congrats
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 5:39:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Score!

And, uh, I "Hate" you  
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thx guys.  So i found out that i also need a piston, piston extension and piston return spring. So how much do i have to invest to get this baby functional
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
You "know" you scored, and you know we will hate you
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 6:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thx guys.  So i found out that i also need a piston, piston extension and piston return spring. So how much do i have to invest to get this baby functional

Not too much as long as you check around...here, gunbroker perhaps. There are cheap parts to be had if you scrounge enough.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, so I think I need more parts than I thought.... I know the whole gas piston system is missing.... I know I need the tube, piston, piston extension with return spring, and the hand guard. What else is there that I need. I read something about a gas valve? Where can I find a diagram of the rifle so i can see what parts I need and also how to properly install them. This is not my first SKS, however this is the first time I've had to assemble any part of one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Numrich Gun Parts has a parts diagram along with most parts, but if you shop around they can be found much cheaper.

Cleaning/ dissasebling the SKS a step by step guide with pictures.

Both are for a type 56 SKS, not a 59/66 Yugo with grenade launcher/gas valve.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Awesome! Thx!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Sir, you got a BINGO even with buying the extra parts.  Congrats.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:55:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I am heart broken though. The gentleman had two other yugos in similar condition that i missed out on  
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top