Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/27/2012 2:25:41 PM EDT
I just bought 2 Yugo SKS's and they are all stock with the exception of a detatchable tapco mags.
I would like to return these back to factory for reliability issues.

Also, one of the stocks looks like it picked a fight with an axe, and I don't know how hard it would be
to find and replace the wood stock.  I may just refinish it if not....

Is there anything more specific I should know about Yugo's?

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there anything more specific I should know about Yugo's?

If they are the 59/66 version, then sometimes they have problems with the gas valve.
The Yugos barrels are not chrome lined, which is not a big deal unless the previous owner/user did not care for the bore and it is now rusty.
If you raise the grenade sight ladder it turns it into a single shot.
The Yugos are well built, and if in good condition are some of the best shooters of SKS family.
The only parts that dont interchange with other standard SKS rifles are related to the grenade launcher, such as the grenade sights and gasblock, muzzle device, etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 6:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
This might help

http://tickbitesupply.com/stocks.html

BGF
Link Posted: 2/11/2012 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#4]
You can find used Yugo stock sets all day long on gunbroker and other forums.
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never had a single malfunction from my Tapco 20rd detatchable magazines.... they aren't classic looking like the original but they're the best high capacity magazines avaliable for the SKS.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top