Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/30/2011 12:53:32 AM EDT
I bought it at a gun store in Cheyenne for $260. It's a Century import. Please tell me they just imported it and didn't fuck it up. It's going to be my saddle rifle when I get a horse. it shoots great but the barrel looks like a sewer pipe. Any tips on cleaning it up?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a abrasive cleaner like JB bore paste of Remington bore cleaner. Those barrels were not chrome lined and nobody bothered to clean them during the civil war. As long as the chamber is in good shape then it's a keeper. A friend had one that had numerous extraction failures due to a pitted chamber although the rifle was in nice shape externally. Some say it's easier to clean when the barrel is still hot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:34:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Also check the button on the gas tube , they where apt to be negleted . ...WVleo
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top