Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/24/2008 4:58:50 AM EDT
I got a romanian SKS from ioinc recently.  The metal was all pristine (a nice little battle patina though), all matching, with an absolutely perfect bore.  Seriously, a mirror.  The stock had a crack that I repaired, and now it looks pretty good.  The top handguard wood, however, is jacked.  It is covered in dents and soaked in cosmo.  Does anyone know where to find new (surplus) hg wood.  As long as it fits and is close to the romy wood that would be great.  

Also, what is the legailty of swapping one surplus stock with another?  Like if I wanted to put chinese bakelite on it, do I have to put in all the us parts?  Would just swapping the handguard make me subject to this?  What about those metal HGs with the vent holes.  What is the story with those, are they US made?  Thanks for the info, this SKS has been a project, but it will be a really nice shooter when Im done.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top