Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 3:02:21 PM EDT

I have two problems

1. The trigger assembly won't fit into place unless I lay it on the carpet and give it a nice little shove with my boot. (Trust me, I have leaned on this bitch with my hands and it won't lock in.)

2. Mag keeps falling out and I have been making sure that the trigger assembly is lined up and holding the magazine parts on the back in place, yet the front half is still falling out and in turn taking the whole mag with it.

What do I need to do?

Edit: after reading some other posts, looks like stopming the trigger guard isn't that bad a thing to do.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had to stomp one,I have had to use both hand  one on top of the other to press the trigger group back into place,I take it you did put the safety on before you removed the trigger group,make reinstalling it much easier.  Video's on the right if thats help on disassembly and reassembly.  Make sure the magazine is locked in the front and the internal part is pressed all the way in before inserting the trigger group,thats what hold it in if were using  the standard 10 rd fixed mag.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/sks/carbine/index.asp
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
res45 gave good advice on making sure the magazine is all the way latched into the retainer in the forward part of the magazine well. It can sometimes be assembled without this being in the right position, of course then you will have problems. I too have had to resort to extreme pressure at times to get things to lock back into place. If the magazine is in the right spot, perhaps it will be a bit easier.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys.

Everything I looked at never mentioned the little lip the front of the mag needs to catch.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top