Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2008 3:04:59 PM EDT
I have a newer looking SKS and want to put the Tapco T6 set on it  Does anyone have a reference pic for this?  Is there a better tactical stock/parts for it?

THis is mine now...

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 1/17/2008 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep it Original and get an AK (eSPECIALLY IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN cALIFORNIA !
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No idea on how to buy an AK...don't kow what to look for...
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind that you have to comply with 922(r) and install compliance parts on it if you change out the stock.  It is more trouble that it is worth.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Leave your Yugo original.  Please don't Tapcofuck it.  You have a nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
true...a very nice example...now I need to research AKs...I'll leave the SKS be...just picked up 20&30 rd mags...so that's all I am going to do to it is convert it to mags instead of stripper clips.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If you convert it to mags, you are also running afoul of 922(r) and are violating a federal law if you don't install the compliance parts.

FYI:  You can feed stripper clips into that puppy faster than you can do a mag change.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you convert it to mags, you are also running afoul of 922(r) and are violating a federal law if you don't install the compliance parts.

FYI:  You can feed stripper clips into that puppy faster than you can do a mag change.

+1.  The detachable mags are also failure prone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
ok...so leave it original...now for the AK...gotta find one...
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ok...so leave it original...now for the AK...gotta find one...

Honestly, that really is the way to go. The sks performs great in its original setup. A carbine like an AK is more practical for... whatever it is you want to do. And you can get a romanian ak for less than you think. Real nice sks by the way.

eta- and the detachable mags for the sks, IMHO sell them. You can get great detachable mags for your ak. The legality issues and the fact that detach sks mags don't always work well was enough reason for me to sell all my detachable sks mags. If you were willing to shell out the $$, you can get a fixed 20 rounder for your sks.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top