Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:34:26 PM EDT
I'm going to have a krink built from a demilled 5.45 parts kit from K-Var.  I've not decided for sure on a builder yet, but I contacted The Firing Line for some info because they'd been highly recommended.  I was leaning towards having my krink built on a 1mm Global Trades stamped receiver, but Ward at The Firing Line said they usually build Krinks on the receivers they manufacture that are milled.  He did say they would build one on a Global stamped receiver, but that's the only receiver they'll even consider using other than their own because they know the Globals are of very good quality.  Anyway, I don't doubt the quality of The Firing Line's milled receivers, but I just thought it was a bit unusual since I know the Bulgarian Krinks (like the one my demilled parts kit is from) are made on 1 mm stamped receivers.  I was just wondering if anyone here has a krink or any AK built on a Firing Line milled receiver and what your opinion of it is.  I'd also love to hear anyone's opinion in general about Krinks with milled receivers.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm going to have a krink built from a demilled 5.45 parts kit from K-Var.  I've not decided for sure on a builder yet, but I contacted The Firing Line for some info because they'd been highly recommended.  I was leaning towards having my krink built on a 1mm Global Trades stamped receiver, but Ward at The Firing Line said they usually build Krinks on the receivers they manufacture that are milled.  He did say they would build one on a Global stamped receiver, but that's the only receiver they'll even consider using other than their own because they know the Globals are of very good quality.  Anyway, I don't doubt the quality of The Firing Line's milled receivers, but I just thought it was a bit unusual since I know the Bulgarian Krinks (like the one my demilled parts kit is from) are made on 1 mm stamped receivers.  I was just wondering if anyone here has a krink or any AK built on a Firing Line milled receiver and what your opinion of it is.  I'd also love to hear anyone's opinion in general about Krinks with milled receivers.  Thanks.

I've got a FL receiver. It's nice. It's very expensive. It's also a little heavier than a sheet metal receiver. Both are good. If you have the money, then spend the extra $430.00 on your krink. It's definately different.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a 5.56 Krinkov built by Firing Line on one of their milled receivers.  It's great!  I have this thing for milled receivers that's rather unhealthy for my wallet.  I like it enough I'm probably going to have them build me 2 more.

Here's the beginnings of an AK-102.  It's so nice I'm trying to decide if I want another to build into an AK-101.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
madtrader,
you know my wallet hates you, right?

awesome looking gun
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have my Bulgarian on it ways now buts its in 7.62
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Mad, that is a very nice build. How do you like the folding milled rec? Been looking at em.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mad, that is a very nice build. How do you like the folding milled rec? Been looking at em.

Well, at $500 a piece for the bare receiver (it's a bit extra to get fitted for those AK-100 series polymer stocks) I own 2 and I'm planning on at least 2 more.  To say I love them doesn't express my positive feelings for them strongly enough.

As far as I'm concerned, except for a very few exceptions all the AK projects I've planned for next few years will be using them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:59:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Make sure you post pics when you're done
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
My Polish AK was built by the Firing Line using their milled receiver.  My Krink pistol was also built using their milled receiver.  I also have stamped receiver AKs as well.  I don't think you would regret building on a Firing Line Receiver.  They are fantastic.  I like the extra weight that the milled receiver adds and they look great also.  I don't think you would go wrong with one.  Mario at Piece of History Firearms built my Krink pistol and I would also recommend his service as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top