Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/19/2006 2:19:04 PM EDT
I am planning on ordering this Krink kit as soon as I get out of Kalifornia, 8 days from now.

I have always been gay for AK underfolders and I was thinking about putting one on my kit. What do you guys think? Are they inferior in stability to the side folders in any way?

Also, I am not sure what to do with the hand guards, go original or new school. Is there even a company the makes a real (non-plastic) optics worthy rail system for this type of Krink, like Ultimak.

Thanks, FMJs
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Well in a more extensive internet search hethis system, yes it is for Kinks too. Does anyone have any experience with it? Thanks, FMJs
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I too love the idea of the underfolder, but many here agree that sidefolders are more comfortable to shoot.  It's very much up to the shooter, but a majority of people find underfolder stocks to be uncomfortable.  If possible, see if you can try one out somewhere.

Officer960 has one of those Kreb's quad rails.  He seems to really like it.  When I started my Krinkov build I started looking around to try and get one too, but Krebs said that they were out of stock and it was going to be a while before they made some more.  Brian said he was gonna start a notification list for them if you want to be notified when they're available again.  Just call or e-mail them.  They certainly look quite nice and solid.  I went ahead and got some of Autoburst's (Vmon's) classic handguards to have for now, but I might get the quad rail eventually.

For pictures look for Officer960's post in this thread:

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=82&t=72075

He has more pictures that he's posted in other threads, I just couldn't find them with some quick and not too detailed searches.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am planning on ordering this Krink kit as soon as I get out of Kalifornia, 8 days from now.

I have always been gay for AK underfolders and I was thinking about putting one on my kit. What do you guys think? Are they inferior in stability to the side folders in any way?

It depends on if you want to shoot the rifle, or look cool with it.

Without question, the sidefolder is far superior for shooting than the underfolder. I have both, and most people that have tried both would agree.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I have owned three underfolders over the years and I have sold them each time because they are no fun to shoot. Sidefolders are the way to go in my opinion. Besides, a REAL krink has a sidefolder. The Yugos are krink wannabees. They're only popular because they are available and cheaper than Bulgarian kits. I know, some of you love your Yugos, but you know deep down that I'm right.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info, you guys have convinced me to go with the side folder. Also I called Kreb's Custom guns and they said they are going to start making some new rail system for standard AK next week, and around April for Krinks. Thanks, FMJs
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Can a krink side folder be used in place of the underfolder stock on the Yugo Krink 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top