Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/7/2005 8:34:43 AM EDT
The ATF sent my SBR application back.

I had done everything on the form correctly, but the form itself can't be two sheets of paper. It has to be on ONE sheet printed on BOTH sides.

Now I have to go pester the Chief of Police again for another signature. I hate bureaucracies.

I'll post the sheet that came with my form. It lists all the things you can do wrong on the application. Maybe it'll help someone else before they submit theirs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard of that happening.

I just order the forms off the ATF site.  They are free and they have to accept them.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard of this also....A couple years back my C2 used a Form 4 (supp transfer) which was not accepted because the Form4 had been replaced with a new style Form 4.I had to redo the Forms and have them resigned as well. Just last month the P.O. lost my Krink SBR Form 1's and i had to redo everything.....forms,passport photos,Cert. of compliance,and get another cashiers check.....Total pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have heard of this also....A couple years back my C2 used a Form 4 (supp transfer) which was not accepted because the Form4 had been replaced with a new style Form 4.I had to redo the Forms and have them resigned as well. Just last month the P.O. lost my Krink SBR Form 1's and i had to redo everything.....forms,passport photos,Cert. of compliance,and get another cashiers check.....Total pain in the ass.

I wonder if you can send it either certified or registered mail.  I don't see why not.  They don't lose those, they have to be signed for.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I had done everything on the form correctly, but the form itself can't be two sheets of paper. It has to be on ONE sheet printed on BOTH sides.

Now I have to go pester the Chief of Police again for another signature. I hate bureaucracies.

I'll post the sheet that came with my form. It lists all the things you can do wrong on the application. Maybe it'll help someone else before they submit theirs.

can't you just take the page with his signature and reprint the other page on the back?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if you can send it either certified or registered mail.  I don't see why not.  They don't lose those, they have to be signed for.

Thats what i thought....The first time, it was sent via USPS EXPRESS mail with Signature required.I made every attempt to locate letter with same result.....arrived in DC enroute to P.O. where BATF picks it up.....It never made it there.I sent the second letter via FedEx with signature required and it was signed for and received the next morning The P.O. refunded the 13.oo or 14.00 dollar EXPRESS mail charge but that ws the least of my worries.Well, its all over now...finally.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

can't you just take the page with his signature and reprint the other page on the back?

I did consider that, however I noticed the pages are all stamped with the date and the control number of my claim, so I don't know if that disqualifies them or not. I will call and ask the ATF on monday for clarification. I was just going to just get the signature redone, and avoid a potential cause for rejection. The tricky part is catching the CoP in his office, he's always gone.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top