Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:31:39 AM EDT
Are there any parts on Krinks that would work on either a 7.62x39 or the 5.45x39?  I have the following parts:
* front handguards top and bottom
* gas tube
* top receiver cover with retainer (already hooked up and on a spring flip )
* Front site gas block
* bolt and piston

Could these parts go on either caliber?  Im either going to get rid of them or build them into a pistol.  TIA
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
All of the parts you have listed except for the bolt and piston will work to build a krink of any caliber. The bolts are different for each caliber of course, and the pistons for a 7.62x39 krink is different from a 5.45x39 krink. If you decide to get rid of them, let me know. I'd appreciate first crack at them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know.  Is there any way to tell what caliber the bolt is for?  Its a stripped bolt but the piston is already set up.  It looks like all the other that KVAR has pics of.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
all i want is the fsb, i can fake the rest pretty well
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
The easiest way to tell what caliber bolt you have is to use a cartridge and simply put the base against the bolt face. 5.45 bolts have a much slimmer bolt shank (the part that slides into the bolt carrier) than a 7.62. There's one other possibility though...there are also .223 AK bolts out there also, and those are very similar to the 5.45 bolts. if you can't tell for sure, I'd take them to a gunsmith or someone familiar with AK's to make sure.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
PLEASE if u decide to sell let me know also.....i need a few things
what are u thinking about doing as far as why the parts fit??
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I will let you guys all know. As far as the parts fitting, it was raised by the person that I had contacted when he posted a WTB.  I have had the parts sitting and was doing nothing with thm.  I got in on the group buy for the ORF M92 Pistol so.  I did get a response back from Jayson Cotter at IGF.  He said that the parts that I have would fit either caliber.  The other part that I have is the handguard retainer plate (?) as well.  I will keep you all informed.  Thanks for the assistance
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top