Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2005 11:08:00 AM EDT
I am contemplating building a 5.45 krink using parts from a ak74 kit, and was wondering exactly which "krink" specific parts I need to obtain?

Barrel Assmbly ( with front site base and rear hinge base)
Top Cover w/sight
Gas piston
Handguard retainer
upper/lower handguards

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am contemplating building a 5.45 krink using parts from a ak74 kit, and was wondering exactly which "krink" specific parts I need to obtain?

Barrel Assmbly ( with front site base and rear hinge base)
Top Cover w/sight
Gas piston
Handguard retainer
upper/lower handguards

Am I missing something?

Thanks

That about covers it.
Don't forget the gas tube and the krink flash hider.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
it would be simplier just to say which parts are the same between the both of them.....

recoil spring, bolt, carrier...is the same except on the 74U the charging handle is a bit shorter then on the 74, , trunion, pistol grip.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
The recoil spring is a bit different on the Russian guns.. The Bulgarians didnt copy that.. The Russian recoil spring has a bigger lip on the end (part you push in to take it down).
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks Stottman.......didn't know the russian ones are different, since there is none here that ever came in,  I was comparing my bulgarian 74U to my bulgarian 74.......nice to know, just in case I ever come accross one that is a bit different .
Link Posted: 7/11/2005 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
As Rob said the recoil spring hook are different.

Pic is of my Bulgy hook

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/SturmGrenadier/AKS74U/BulHook.jpg

Pic of my Russian hook

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/SturmGrenadier/AKS74U/RusHook.jpg

Thanks for the Russian assembly by the way Rob
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
you guys skipped couple main parts
theres the hinge for top cover and the special pins that hold it and the gas tube on
and the biggy wich was said but i dont think you realize the prob wit it
GAS TUBE its basicly impossible to find
Link Posted: 7/12/2005 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Would this gas tube work?

gas tube link

It appears that they have all of the necessary parts to convert a ak74.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Would this gas tube work?

gas tube link

It appears that they have all of the necessary parts to convert a ak74.

no, the 74U gas tube isn't like that one at all. it's too long
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That figures...  I need a aks74u krink kit...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had  Bulgy Krink kit that I've had squirreled away for years.
For some reason it was sent to me without a recoil spring.  I asked around and was told that any AK recoil spring will work. After reading this thread I am confused. Will my bulgy Krink accept:

a) any AK recoil spring

b)  only a Bulgy AK spring

c)  only a Bulgy Krink spring

I know to be 100% "correct" I would need (b) or (c), but now that Krink parts are so hard to get, I would be happy with (a)!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
^^ I'd like to know this as well....I am missing a recoil spring/guide rod for my 5.45 Bulgarian Krinkov Kit and am not sure which one will work.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
any AK recoil spring will work, the 74U recoil spring is the same length as a AKM and a 74.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Huh, I would have thought that the springs would have been different between calibers...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Huh, I would have thought that the springs would have been different between calibers...

my recoil spring on my 74U is the same as the one in my SAR 3, which is the same as the one in my AKM, which is the same as the one in my 74, which is the same as the one that came with my M92 parts kit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
it would be simplier just to say which parts are the same between the both of them.....

recoil spring, bolt, carrier...is the same except on the 74U the charging handle is a bit shorter then on the 74, , trunion, pistol grip.  

Can someone post a pic of the difference in the charging handles? Im interested in seeing how much difference there is between the two.

TIA
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top